Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Welcome to my blogspot ...

If you're reading this, you're probably wondering why, and so I guess I should explain ...

I'm a self-proclaimed real estate 'junkie' as people who know me well can testify to. I can spend hours reading, researching, analyzing, talking about and watching real estate.

First, some history to give you a bit of a backstory:

My first investment was a 1 BR condo that I bought in Falls Church, VA in an insanely competitive real estate market of the early years of the 21st century financing almost entirely by an FHA loan backed by the US Federal government (I didn't know why they'd help out a non-US citizen who'd only entered the USA 3 months ago but why question a good thing right?). I then went on to borrow money from my dad to invest in a fixer-upper in Alexandria and never looked back ...

I've sincerely lost count of the number of homes that I bought and sold in the US (during the 'wild wild west' like subprime loan days), fondly remember the day I quit my job as a business analyst at Capital One Bank to invest in real estate professionally and can't forget all the presentations, seminars and pitches I made to investors to invest into the funds I launched.

I spent a year of my life leasing, retro-fitting, launching and running a small boutique hotel in Bangalore which was the most testing year of my life so far.

I then did an MBA at INSEAD and have been working for a real estate investment management company, The Redwood Group for the last 18 months.

Anyway, getting to the point of this introductory post; This blog is a passion project of mine and is dedicated to real estate in India (which is where I hope to have a long (and illustrious, hopefully) real estate career).

The two vertical areas that I'm going to focus on to start with are
1. affordable/budget housing and,
2. logistics/distribution/warehousing.

I've spent quite a bit of my personal (and professional) time studying these two sectors within the real estate market in India and I'm going to collate my work into a series of articles and discussions.

To all the other real estate addicts out there, happy reading and I hope you enjoy this blog.

After all, as Mark Twain said, "Buy Land. They're not making it anymore!"

No comments:

Post a Comment